Sunday, January 27, 2008

Plus looking back onthe "Next to Blow" mixtape


Plus: Ohh yeah, I’m working on an album right now! You know I’ve done a few mixtapes so right now I’m working on an album “Catch 22”.

SB: Yeah, Catch 22, can you talk about that a little bit more?

Plus: You know catch 22! Damned of you do and damned if you don’t. Damned if you do is just like the streets you know. Let’s say you do go with the streets then you’re throwing rocks at the penitentiary, you looking to get in trouble doing the street life. If you from the street and don’t do the street or you know keep your feet in the street then you damned, you don’t get that same credibility. It’s one of them things where even if you don’t you still damned because you got to go with the streets and then you gone be lost to the streets! So that’s why it’s “Catch 22” damned of you do and damned of you don’t!

SB: So what was the project you worked on before you got into “Catch 22”?

Plus: “The Next to Blow”

SB: How many tracks was on there?

Plus: The Cd said like 29 but it’s really 21 or 22 tracks. I got Chi-Blizz hosting it, Leon Rodgers cracking jokes in-between the songs, my interview on WGCI with Teefa, the radio personalities in the city showing me love in-between and keeping it so hot it sound like you listening to the radio.

SB: Now after all that hard work do you think it was successful for you?

Plus: Yeah Yeah, I feel it was a success as far as street success it helped elevate me to a higher status in the sense that I wasn’t your everyday rapper or some dude off the block. I did songs on there. I got a song on there I did with the Game, a song on there with Chi-Blizz that was produced by Voodo uhh… Spells with Trak Kings and that’s dude who did that “Georgia” beat with Ludacris. It showed people you know, the growth and the connections I had because I don’t know if you know Spree Isreal but he another one from Chicago.

SB: Yeah! Spree raw Bub put me on Izzy.

Plus: Yeah, Spree raw and wit me having Spree on there, Blzz, production by Voodo and you know that was a real good look and it showed everybody in the street I stepped my game up from just me and my homies just rapping over some no name beats.

SB: Speaking of showing the city talk about the Hip Hop scene in Chicago the Underground scene!

Plus: One thing I can say about the underground scene is that it’s better than the mainstream scene. In the underground scene we all hungry, we all trying to get on it’s like everybody show love. It takes a lot to go out there in front of your people and speak your mind or get your thoughts across. Not only is it that type of respect but as far as artists it’s a respect that we all doing it for the love of the city! It’s for the ultimate growth of not only Chicago but the whole Midwest movement.

SB: Talk about working with other Chicago artists, collaborating with, with other underground artists in Chicago. What’s that whole vibe like?

Plus: I love vibing with Chicago artists because the vibe is there. I already know where they come from or I already know what kind of vibe they got. We’re from the same City. We might not be from the same hood but we still got the same views, the same mindset and as far as artists what we’re trying to do is all good.

SB: Ok, How can people access some of your music?

Plus: You can always hit me on my space its myspace.com/pplus100 email me an I got some of it for sale on Snocap on there so.

SB: So we’re just gone have to direct them to your page then but thanks for taking the time out to answer the questions

Plus: Oh, you my Nigga dude it’s nothing!...

No comments: