
Supa B: Just by going of your Myspace page because I don’t know much but you mention a project called “Swagger Music” can you talk about that?
Cap: Yea, that’s the new stuff I’m working on right now “Swagger Music”. The Cap One side of me is the more lyrical Hip Hop side you know what I’m saying it’s lyrical. The Swagger Music is more of the dope-boy side, the Richie Rich it’s almost like a T.I vs. T.I.P thing.
Supa B: I am hearing Richie Rich in a few of your tracks before I did the story and I hear you saying Richie Rich talk about that too…
Cap: Richie is more like the dough-boy in me so to speak, giving the streets the music they can appreciate as opposed to just trying to be the most lyrical and fly over people heads. “Swagger Music” was basically me reiterating – “We out here in these streets, we fly, we getting this money, and these females is on us so you know it’s that swagger music.”
Supa B: Take it there, so how many tracks will be on “Swagger Music”?
Cap: It’s not done yet. I’m still in the recording process but for the most part it’s going to be like 13-14 songs.
Supa B: Okay, on the page you ahh… you talk about two other mixtapes, “I got it for cheap Vol1 & 2” did they lead up to this new “Swagger Music” project?
Cap: Yeah that’s what I was about to say. Yea that was like the birth of the whole little swagger music. “I got it For Cheap Vol 1& 2” went to kind of like locking the streets down!
Supa B: Right!
Cap: It let the streets plug it in and it berth the whole swagger music because it was like people were embracing it so hard it was like all right the streets wanted to know what’s next and I figure like everybody always like “I’m f***ing with you, I’m f***ing with your swag!” you know what I’m saying, that’s how I got the title “Swagger Music”. It (“I got it for cheap vol. 1 & 2”) was hosted by Sean Mac, it had some originals like shit on my own beats with Goon Squad. I did stuff from Young Jeezy - Standing Ovation to that Christina Agulera song. They did the T-pain and Plies- Shawty and they also did a new guy named Rocko. I worked with them a lot on that and the rest of them were like industry tracks. It was basically me show people I still spit so don’t get it twisted.
Supa B: Speaking of the Chi did you work with any producers or stuff like that from Chicago?
Cap: Yea, shout out to my mane B- Crucial who recently just did my new single called “Yeah” that’s off my page, B-Crucial, Wallstreet and my man B-king.
Supa B: Lets focus in a little bit. Can you paint a picture for everybody of the Chicago Underground scene, the Rap scene and Hip Hop in general?
Cap: The Chicago Hip Hop scene is growing, it’s getting better but Chicago out mentality is like a “f**k him” attitude and it’s like we always got reasons to say f**k the next man, that’s the Chicago mentality it’s the hater capitol! We were brought up like Southsiders n don’t get along with Westsiders and GD’s don’t get down with the Moe’s. We’ve got reasons in Chicago on why not to like the next man before we even know him. I feel like it blocks the growth of what it could be. But it is coming together by me reaching for Shawnna, we take care of each other, me, Bump and Parkay put out a mixtape together called “3Kings”. We’re just trying to bridge the gap between all of this separation. I’m just saying Atlanta and all these other places doing it we can too! And make that hot music because Chicago is a trendsetting city!
Supa B: I know you’re right!
Cap: Anything we do that’s gone be hot to death people gone be rocking wit it!
Supa B: I seen us on BET the other day man on American Gangster a lot of people looking for Chicago to lead the way but I have a question for you who do you like to work with in Chicago?
Cap: Hold on one second man I’ve got to get them this food
Supa B: Yeah!
Cap: What you was saying?
Supa B: Who do you like working with in Chicago?
Cap: Just those who take the grind serious because I go so hard I be wanting to work with somebody just as hard who will push me and be on my back. I’m not gone lie I work with a lot of artists in the Chi I got love for everybody because we apart of the same struggle.
Supa B: Right
Cap: If anything I’d rather work with the more motivated and focused artists as opposed to the newcomers who are still looking for direction. Right now in my life I don’t have time to be another mans training wheels,
Supa B: I feel you, that’s just too much of a burden!
Cap: Yeah, I’m ready! Like right now I’m ready you know what I’m saying like right now I’m ready! To me the state my music and my mind is in right now is like I could go with the best of them. You could play a Jeezy song and then play mine, you could play a Wayne song and play mine it’s like I’m on they heels
Supa B: I guess that’s what you’ve got to be on out here these days! Where can people get your music?
Cap: Go to my Myspace page and it’s an email address to a blackberry so pretty much “m handling it myself because hey! It’s only a mixtape!
No comments:
Post a Comment