I put “Gutta Chic” out on my first Sean Mac mixtape it actually came out without Shawnna first. That was a record I was just sitting back thinking about you know how everybody was doing they club records. I still wanted it to knock but I dint want to just make the common ‘Girl shake yo a** drop it on tha flo now pick it up type record you know what I’m saying so I was like let me try to go and make a record that ‘s hood but it’s still positive.You know some people hear the title and get scared. At the same time I’m not saying anything negative in the whole song every line that I’m saying is uplifting black women. It’s like every single line.
I came up with the concept and said like this gone hit the demographics of ages of females from fifteen to like thirty you know what I’m saying. I just went with it and I was like I didn’t make it about me and I’m not talking bout how fly I am the whole record.
That’s the problem with people who like their records they get to caught up in themselves. Don’t get me wrong I got a million like that but it’s just I knew for that record it had to be a purpose. I had to stay with a topic and the guidelines so the record would make sense.
We put it on the Sean Mac mixtape and out of all them copies we put out that was the record we got the most response from as far like ‘Yo this song is a go!”
A couple months later we was talking to Shawnna and what not we was chilling with her she was “man!” . She actually heard the record before she even met me and she was with my manager Warbucks and they was chilling or whatever and she was like “Oh my god, what is that? And he was like “Yeah! This my artist Bruza” and she was like “Who the hell is Bruza? I need to get on that!” So we sat down we kicked and everything. She hoped on it real quick.
We actually did like two or three other songs. I did other songs with Shawnna that’s gone be on the album so it’s gone be like man…
But it’s this other joint called Cadilac Wheel Gripping and I think XL did the beat and then we got this other joint I forgot the name of that joint.
But the coolest thing I’ve done from this is like the Kanye experience. I been messing with dude a lot. I’ve been working with Kanye real tough. I was out in New York with them like two months ago. I was out there with Kanye in the studio right before the album dropped. He literally played the whole album, rapping and performing it dead before my eyes and it was crazy as hell.
We caught a taxi to the building and I met him like a gang of times before that so he was like Bruza what’s happening. He was in there Angie Martinez, DJ Envy, uhm…what’s the dude that make the TI beats? DJ Tomp? Yeah he was up in there. It was a whole bunch of cold video girls up in there no stunting!
I’m talking about that was the night that I heard “Flashing Lights” because he hadn’t made the actual song yet you know what I’m talking about? It was just a concept it wasn’t even on the album yet but that end up making it.
It was just cool that I got to see that whole process happen…
No comments:
Post a Comment